A Philippine-based integrated online platform for exporters expects to bring products of small and medium enterprises exports from the country to 60 countries by next year from the current 23 export markets.

In an online briefing, 1Export Trade and Services said that since they started operating in 2016 the products in their platform have already accounted for 0.2 percent of the country’s total exports.

As of June 2021, the tech-enabled exporting company had distributed a total of 3,000 tons of products to 23 different countries, generating approximately $500,000 or P25 million in export sales. As a result, 1Export accounted for 0.2 percent of total Philippine exports.

“It goes without saying that the pandemic has and continues to significantly affect the Philippine economy. But as we move forward and accept the business landscape in the new normal, 1Export is happy to contribute to the country’s recovery by circulating business transactions through exports and helping businesses expand their horizons,” said Mel Nava, founder and CEO of 1Export.

1Export intends to export products to 60 countries by the end of 2022 in order to further its mission of assisting micro, small, and medium enterprises in the Philippines in reaching new markets. 1Export is ready to take on the world with the help of its business-to-business-to-consumer venture, Caravan, and empower more Filipinos to resell products proudly made in the Philippines to other markets.

So far, 1Export ships 4-5 forty-footer containers a month. 1Export earns through commissions from the sales made from their exporters.

A lot of producers come from different parts of the country able to export remotely. About 60 percent of exporters are from the National Capital Region and nearby provinces, and the remaining 40 percent are from other regions.

Founded in 2016, 1Export promises to help MSMEs in the Philippines to grow their business and expand in different countries using digital tools and platforms. The company currently has markets in the US, Australia, Canada, UAE, Kuwait, UK, and more.

Source:
https://mb.com.ph/2021/07/28/integrated-platform-targets-to-bring-ph-exports-to-60-countries/