With the fast innovation of technologies, business owners’ wants to adapt to the new trend that helps their system grow fast and efficient. POS or Point of Sale System is the first system that should be considered when you start to automate. To help you understand the reason why you should consider in getting a POS, we will list the most common questions that are asked:
What is POS?
POS or Point of Sale System-it is a sales and inventory system that helps your business keep tracks your daily sales and inventory. Also, it can generate reports like sales report, collection report, inventory report and reports like Z and X reading that can be submitted to the BIR.
Why is POS important in a business and how it can help them on their daily transaction?
Adapting to POS can make each business owners life easy. Whether you are a retail business, restaurant, services, pharmacy, etc, POS can make a big difference. Manual Invoicing, mismatch sales and inventory report, short or over change, manual tally of total daily sales. With POS or Point of Sale System it can help each business owners to limit those errors. POS can record their per transaction sales, auto compute discounts, convenient printing of receipts, easy to monitor if there is still an inventory on hand in a span of minutes.
For inventories, with the help of the POS you can track the IN and OUT of the item, from the recording of the delivered items, sold items, spoilage, damage and returned items, you can check it with POS in a span of minutes. The usual inventory checking that will take you an hour to a day of compiling each record can now be lessening to minutes. With POS you can now save time and effort.
For reports, like sales report, collection report, reports needed by the BIR like Z and X reading can now easily be generated without any hassle.
Switching to POS can make each business owner’s life easier and business process better.
What are the benefits of using a POS?
Benefits of Using POS are:
- Convenient way of printing receipts
- Using a POS can help you lessen the errors in making a receipt, saves your time in writing and computing for the total sales, discounts and vat. POS will print receipt automatically every after transaction done.
- Easy tracking of sales, collection and inventory
- Manual tallying of sales and collection are prone to human error and very time consuming. Counting inventory on a daily basis will really eat up your time. With POS, it can help you generate reports like Sales Report, Collection Report and Inventory Report in a span of minutes.
- Avoids human errors in short and over change
- Short or over change is the most common problem of every cashier and as well as business owners. With POS it will give you a correct computation of the total sales and it computes the right change. It will lessen the burden of the cashier to compute on how much change will be given to a particular sale transaction.
- Auto compute discounts
- Computing discounts for each sale can be headache to some users. Especially computing for a Senior and PWD Discount wherein you have to consider for the VAT and for the discounts. Using POS will help you compute for the discounts automatically. Computing for per item discount and a whole transaction discount, POS can help you to automatically compute that one.
- Can cater Loyalty or Rewards System for Customer
- Planning to have a rewards or points system for each customer, POS can help you compute for the rewards of each customers. Points accumulated can be used as a payment for a sale transaction.
- Generating reports for business analysis can make it easy
- Generating reports for business analysis like how much are the total sales for the month, what is the top selling items and hourly top selling items, what are the unsold items can be tiresome and sometimes will lead you to have a misinformation. Using POS can help you generate all this reports in a minute. POS can give you correct information without any sweat.
Are POS needed to be registered in BIR?
Each POS machine that is used for the businesses should be registered to the BIR, whether its purpose is for cashier machine, teller machine and inventory machine. Each machine has different BIR registration. For example you have 3 machines that are used for your business, 1 machine is for the cashier, 2 are for teller, the cashier should be registered for Permit to Use, and the tellers should be registered as Special Purpose Machine. The Cashier machine that has a permit to use should only be the one who will issue an Official Receipt.
Human Incubator Inc. (HII) Offers BIR Accredited POS (Point-Of-Sale) with free access to its EasyFIS cloud accounting system. Just visit www.human-incubator.com/easy-fis or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for our Solution Consultants to assist you.